Monday, June 30, 2008

A Weekend of Good Movies




So last semester I missed out on a lot of movies, I think, because I had no one or group set to go with. I remember back in middle school Travis, Ricky, Kevin, and I would always go to the movies like every Friday each week. We would watch just about anything that would come out and sometimes even watched two movies on the same day. Whether it was because our minds were at that awkward stage where we are in between being immature and mature or because at that age we had nothing better to do on our Fridays, we would always go. As high school came along, we went less frequently but still continued to watch movies together or at least had other friends to continue the trend.

Last semester, I went and saw two movies while I was here in Berkeley. Both times I went with my high school friend, who also goes to school here. Maybe I did not miss out on too many great movies and saved myself some money in the process as well, but I miss just going to the movies and catching whatever catches my interest. I miss the biggest concern being when the movie is rather than who I need to go with. This weekend was a bit of a nice change and just reminded me of how watching movies is back at home. I still went with one of my high school friends, but it felt nice seeing so many films in this area even though the circumstances were simliar to back at home.

Anyways, the real point of this post (which I did not intend to be so long) is that I saw three amazing movies this weekend. Three! That is more than I saw in a whole semester here. I recommend you all go see them! Kung Fu Panda was hilarious, Walle was fun and cute, and Wanted was packed with action. I think of the three, which were all really great movies, Wanted took the cake this weekend just because I was so impressed by the special effects and action sequences that were more unique than most the typical action movies that I have seen lately.

So go and see them now if you haven't!

No comments: