Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Apartment

So I finally got the keys to the apartment today.

Courtney (roommate/high school friend) couldn't come today but will be coming this weekend with his stuff to move in. I am moving all my stuff in over the weekend too. So by the end of the weekend it should look transformed. 

But here are pictures of the place empty:










Initial Thoughts: The place is pretty spacious. It is decently clean but certain aspects of the apartment are old. For example there are mainly 2 prong outlets throughout the house, which I find a bit annoying, but adapters can fix that. They threw in a fridge and there was even a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. There is a light in one room but not the other, which I find useless. The screens aren't completely sealed shut, which hopefully does not mean more bugs or freezing/hot temperatures. However, in the end, all these minor details can be fixed and worked around. Overall, I am pretty pleased with the place. Hopefully some house warming parties will be rolling into full effect soon.

No comments: