Wednesday, June 18, 2008

O Tablet, Where Art Thou?

I want this one

But will probably have to settle for this one

As I mentioned before, I was really inspired by Madison and her graphic art piece she did with her Wacom tablet and Photoshop. I really want to learn how to use one and be able to do the same quality of work. So now I am on the hunt for a tablet! Unfortunately, like all art related supplies, tablets are not cheap. The regular tablets that are decently sized run about $400-500 (like the Wacom Intuos3 9x12). However, the real beauty and Holy Grail of all tablets is Cintiq series by Wacom that allows you to directly draw on the screen rather than a traditional tablet where you have to view your movements and strokes by staring at your computer screen. Too bad the Cintiq series is around $2000 ($1000 if you want the small one). For now, I will be looking for a good deal on a regular Intuos3 and perhaps upgrade to a Cintiq in the future. A normal tablet should be enough for dipping my feet in the unexplored waters of creating graphic art. Hopefully I can find one soon!

Also, congrats to the Celtics for owning the Lakers and winning the NBA championship tonight. Garnet, Alan, Pierce, Rondo, and Powe, you all deserved it. Great job on the 17th Championship on the 17th of June.

No comments: