Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life in a Yurt


The past few days I spent in a "yurt" with two of my closest friends. I had no idea what a yurt was before this trip so don't feel stupid if you don't either, but it basically is a little hut. Anyways, the trip was so refreshing and much needed. It is nice to get away from all the distractions that clutter our lives today and just really have time to just take in the beauty of nature with good company and have some time for self reflection. It is so simple, but I think most of the time I forget to really just stop and take in all the beauty and blessings surrounding me. It is so easy to fall into those familiar distractions but being away from it all made me realize that I can easily make some steps at moving beyond those distractions without a road trip to the middle of nowhere.

However, the trip would not have been quite the same without the company I was with. I mean who else would just spontaneously go to Oregon with me? These guys mean a lot to me, and I am so glad that I can just spend time with these guys whenever I come back home. Even if we are in different places for school throughout the year, I know we can just pick off where we left off when we all are back. Talking, laughing, and just doing whatever is so natural, and that is something so priceless to me. I am so glad that I have them in my life and I could not have asked for anything better.

1 comment:

Joe Yosemite said...

We stayed in an Oregon yurt rental at Loon Lake Resort and RV Park which is located just minutes from Reedsport, Oregon and offers year-round Oregon Coast lodging and Resort facilities. This RV Park has full-hookups, satellite TV and free Wi-fi, and sits on one mile of Loon Lake frontage (one of the Oregon Coast's most beautiful lakes). Loon Lake Lodge & Resort offers a secluded Oregon coast rv park and camping. Campers and boaters can enjoy a natural setting among soaring Douglas Fir, Western Hemlock, and Red Cedar trees. Few Oregon coast rv parks and campgrounds can compare to what this RV Park & Resort can offer.