Friday, January 2, 2009

Before It's Too Late

I have been meaning to write this for quite some time, and I thought it would be appropriate now especially since it is the start of a new year. I know people always say that you have to learn to appreciate what you have before it is gone, but I think people always seem to forget that. Flowers are so much more meaningful and appreciated by a person that is alive rather than dead. It really shouldn’t take a loss or tragedy for us to realize that. And even though those important people in our lives probably already know that we care about them regardless if we tell them or not, I think it is important that we let them know just in case they don’t already or remind them that we do. Instead of wishing you had more time or wishing you had said more, just do it now. Because you can’t change yesterday and tomorrow is never promised, and you never know whether or not you will get another chance to do it otherwise.

So I just want to thank all those people in my life that have stuck it through with me thick and thin. I honestly can say I don’t know how I would even be here without you guys. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people that will be there whenever I need an ear to hear my troubles, whenever I need a helping hand when the weight of it all becomes a little to unbearable, whenever I need a second opinion when I become unsure of my own decisions, whenever I need words of encouragement to get me through the day, whenever I need a smile or a laugh during times of despair, and just whenever I don’t even need anything at all except someone to just be there. It really is an honor to know all of you, and I am sorry for all the times I have failed to be there for you. I promise to try and always be there for all of you whenever you need me like when I needed you.

The best of friends are the ones that are always there with an open mind and heart even through the various changes and circumstances that may occur in life. There might be times of disagreement, confrontation, and perhaps even separation but I hope that in the end there is resolution. I would never want to lose a good friend over anything, and I hope that even if we go our separate ways that the distance between us is never too far. They say nothing last forever, but I promise to always try and be a person with an open mind and heart and put any pride aside to make any wrongs right. Because losing any one of you is something that just can’t be replaced with any amount of money, possessions, or even other acquaintances I may meet.

Let this be a friendly reminder to take some time to really think about all those people you have in your own lives that you are grateful for. Make sure you thank them and do or say everything you need to or want to do or say to them before it's too late because you never know when you will have that opportunity again.

In a nutshell this is a thank you and that I hope you all know that I am so grateful. I can’t thank you guys enough for being here, and I promise to always try and be there for you too. May we always put our differences aside and let the good times roll on!

No comments: