Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Over Easy


She is an expert. She has held many of them in that unforgiving hand. Some have been whiter than others, but regardless her hand has tainted and broken them all. It doesn’t matter how hard a shell of defense might be put up; they all come crashing down only to be exposed for her pleasure. She cracks them and throws them all in the same black abyss every time. Sizzle, pop, squirm, sizzle, pop. Sunny side up? Over easy? Over hard? Fried? Scrambled? She does what she pleases. Whatever style, her nourishment and fulfillment are all that matter. Once she is finished, she disposes of the lifeless, empty shell only to move on to her next victim.

Please leave mine with a little bit of yolk left; I would rather not be fried all the way. I would rather not break too many eggs, but if I must I like them over easy. But I guess I am walking on eggshells… so tell me, is it You or Me that picks up the pieces?

No comments: